- Keep going anyway!
- Look at the price, is it right for this climate
- target a different market
- re-brand it
- do a survey to see why not (be aware, constructive criticism can help, family usually want to keep you happy)
- make more of it, it will sell eventually!!!
- restructure the size/shape/colour/price..all of the above
- STOP…look back…what did work before!
We all know that creative people will keep creating as it is in their blood, not getting paid for your time, designs and value of the product is all part of being a crafts person (unfortunately).
The people that do get paid for all of these have a reputation to go with the product and that is what people are buying too. e.g. a Chanel handbag, is just another bag without the Chanel attached.
If you have been selling for a while you will know your ‘bread and butter pieces’, the pieces that are an easy sell and are guaranteed to bring in the regular return of income. Keep making them, even if you get bored of them, your customers don’t! Regular income helps you to continue to stay in business!
What advise do you have for other creative people… experience is the best form of learning! Share it!
To get updated by email with news from this blog subscribe here
Popularity: 3% [?]